Last week, we announced a definitive agreement with Thoma Bravo, a leading private equity investment firm, to acquire a majority interest in LogRhythm. This investment validates LogRhythm’s significant history of market leadership and innovation, and is expected to support our future operational and product development plans.
In 2003, Phil Villella and I founded LogRhythm with a core mission and premise: to help organizations reduce their cyber risk through improved threat detection and response. Our vision was that, through the application of automation and analytics, we could detect threats organizations were effectively blind to and streamline workflows so that security teams had a fighting chance of keeping up with the bad guys.
Over the years, our premise has held firm, and we have pioneered the next generation of security information and event management (SIEM). During this time, we initiated many firsts with the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform, including:
- Unifying log and event management into a single platform
- Introducing a data abstraction layer (our Machine Data Intelligence Fabric) that provides a globally consistent view of log and machine data enabling higher efficacy analytics and fastest ROI
- Developing a scenario analytics technology (AI Engine) that combines advanced correlation and behavioral profiling to see across 100 percent of processed log and machine data — enabling holistic and more accurate threat detection
- Introducing native security automation and orchestration (SAO)/security orchestration automation and response (SOAR) capabilities directly into our platform to deliver accelerated workflows for security operations teams
- Launching LogRhythm CloudAI — an elegantly integrated analytics-as-a-service offering that applies artificial intelligence (AI) in support of advanced user-borne threat detection via user entity and behavior analytics (UEBA)
We are very proud of our storied history in NextGen SIEM leadership, but this history is far from complete. With Thoma Bravo by our side, we look forward to our next wave of innovation.
Over the next few years, LogRhythm will lead the industry in the application of AI towards our founding analytics and automation premise. AI will usher in the next era of advanced threat detection and be a force-multiplier for security operations teams. Our go-forward innovation in AI will help ensure that, as cyberthreats continue to evolve, our customers’ ability to detect and rapidly neutralize them will also evolve.
Through further innovation in AI and end-to-end Threat Lifecycle Management (TLM), we will ensure our customers have the modern visibility, analytics, and automation required to realize mature organizational capabilities in support of holistic cyberthreat detection and response, including: triage, hunting, investigation, and incident response. We continue to believe our platform approach to delivering effective TLM enables our customers’ fastest mean time to detect (MTTD) and mean time to respond (MTTR), with accelerated ROI and lowest total cost of ownership. And unlike our fellow upper right competitors, our R&D budget and innovation focus will be solely aligned.
While the Thoma Bravo acquisition is certainly an exciting event for our company, it should be even more exciting for our customers. We now have a powerful ally by our side that can help us further realize our platform and product goals. We look forward to our next era of customer-centric innovation — an era in which we will further cement our NextGen SIEM leadership and continue to keep our enterprise customers safe from ever evolving cyberthreats.