Steve Surdu is the Principal of Surdu Consulting. He has assisted clients in a variety of computer security and general management areas such as:
- Educating senior management and boards on information security threats and priorities via presentations and interactive tabletop exercises.
- Managing incident response investigations and the associated remediation efforts.
- Evaluating proactive and incident response information security capabilities.
- Assuming interim responsibility for key accounts or business units.
- Providing information security subject matter expertise to clients so they can use that information to better position their products or deliver their own services.
- Assisting information security companies with improving their operational practices – including engagement execution, sales, personnel, finance and facilities/technology.
- Developing business plans for new business units and assisting with their implementation.
From 2007 until 2014 Steve was the Vice President of Professional Services at Mandiant. At Mandiant Steve oversaw all aspects of Mandiant’s consulting organization – including sales, business development, service delivery, research, recruitment, personnel development, process improvement and financial management. During his time at Mandiant his group conducted nearly 350 investigations while working for more than 30% of the Fortune 100. The work included investigating site defacements, personally identifiable information thefts, ACH account fraud, payment card thefts, ATM cash drawdowns and intellectual property thefts. This work gave Steve extensive experience in responding to large-scale computer security breaches. He also developed a thorough understanding of various threats – especially organized crime and state sponsored groups.
Steve has more than thirty years of experience in information technology consulting at Accenture, Cerner Corporation, BBN Technologies, Foundstone and Mandiant. He has worked with clients in many industries including financial services, high technology, healthcare, regulated industry, manufacturing, hospitality, energy, state/federal government, and retail. Over the course of his career he has performed large-scale application development, third-party software system integration, information security consulting and general business consulting.
Steve earned a Bachelors degree in Business Administration from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.