BOULDER, Colo.—October 8, 2015—LogRhythm, The Security Intelligence Company, today unveiled LogRhythm 7, a major upgrade to its leading security intelligence and analytics platform. New innovations in search, scalability, performance and security operations efficiencies will help organizations detect and respond faster to advanced cyber threats.
Version 7 of the LogRhythm security intelligence and analytics platform provides the visibility, automation and incident response orchestration capabilities required by the next-generation security operations center (SOC). The platform accomplishes this by collecting information from hundreds of thousands of disparate data sources, then analyzing and prioritizing the data and events. The resulting information becomes instantly available to SOC personnel.
In its 2015 Global Cost of Data Breach Study, the Ponemon Institute cited a continual rise in cyber attack frequency and the costs associated with resolving cyber incidents. As such, IT teams must increase their visibility and analytics capabilities to detect intruders faster and enable rapid, efficient and precise response to avoid a material breach or high-impact cyber incident.
“The sophistication and resolve of today’s cyber adversaries continue to rise, as does the number of successful intrusions,” said Chris Petersen, senior vice president of products, CTO and co-founder at LogRhythm. “But an intrusion doesn’t have to lead to a major breach or cyber incident. The innovations in LogRhythm 7 empower IT security teams to detect, respond to and neutralize cyber intruders faster and more efficiently.”
“LogRhythm 7’s incident response orchestration and SmartResponse™ automation capabilities are helping us detect and respond to threats faster than ever,” said Gary Kay, senior information security manager at Checkers Drive-In Restaurants. “Our IT environment is geographically dispersed and ever-evolving, so LogRhythm is an essential tool.”
LogRhythm 7 delivers an abundance of innovation and security intelligence breakthroughs including:
Elasticsearch™-Based Indexing to Expedite Investigations:
LogRhythm’s new data indexing architecture delivers improved speed and precision of search. The introduction of Elasticsearch™ enables powerful full-text unstructured search capabilities. When combined with LogRhythm’s contextual search, users benefit from a highly intuitive search experience that provides the power and precision to get to the right data fast—resulting in faster investigations and faster response.
Architectural Advancements to Harness and Manage Big Data More Efficiently:
LogRhythm 7 introduces significant software innovations and architectural improvements at the data processing and indexing tier.
- Up to 300 percent improvement in data indexing performance on a per-node basis.
- The ability to separately and optimally scale data processing and data indexing.
- Active/active high-availability data processing and indexing.
- The introduction of Elasticsearch and clustering at the indexing tier.
With these combined improvements, LogRhythm 7 supports massive data management workloads with less compute and storage resources, while delivering high availability. Software efficiencies, combined with our focus on ease-of-use, will help customers realize continued lower cost of ownership.
Powering the Next-Gen SOC
LogRhythm 7 offers myriad innovations that make SOC personnel and management more efficient and informed across monitoring, investigation and incident response workflows. As a whole, these improvements help organizations realize improved operational effectiveness of existing staff, while reducing mean-time-to-detect (MTTD) and mean-time-to-respond (MTTR) to threats.
- New Real-Time Threat Activity Map provides powerful, interactive visualizations depicting geographic origin and targets of active threats, empowering SOC analysts to detect and respond more quickly to concerning attack patterns.
- New Risk-Based-Scoring Algorithm uses environmental threat and risk factors to yield a higher level of precision in prioritizing alarms, enabling more efficient, risk-aligned monitoring operations.
- Incident Response Orchestration Advancements improves support for customized SOC workflows, cross-team collaboration capabilities and management visibility into active incidents.
- Extensions to the SmartResponse™ Automation Framework enable multiple pre-staged actions from a single alarm, as well as centralized management of actions from remote locations. These extensions also allow customers to automate a variety of common investigatory and remediation actions at the endpoint, such as scanning an attacked endpoint and/or quarantining it from the network, easily and effectively.
“Today’s next-gen SOC personnel require highly scalable and extremely efficient solutions to detect intruders quickly and initiate appropriate countermeasures fast enough to avoid a material data breach,” said Chris Kissel, industry analyst for Frost and Sullivan. “LogRhythm optimizes enterprise security monitoring, detection and response programs by delivering an integrated product line that supports the end-to-end detection and response workflow. With LogRhythm 7, the company is once again demonstrating its innovation leadership in security intelligence through its use of Elasticsearch, powerful visualizations via its new real-time threat map and with a number of extensions to its automated response framework.”
LogRhythm is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. The LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform combines advanced security analytics; user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); network detection and response (NDR); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) in a single end-to-end solution. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades. For more information, visit logrhythm.com.