Cloud Security Monitoring | SIEM for AWS and Azure
The need for cloud security monitoring has never been more apparent before as businesses like yours are increasingly moving information to the cloud for cost efficiency, increased flexibility, and improved accessibility.
Migrating and expanding to the cloud brings new security challenges and may reduce visibility into the environments where your data resides, intensifying risk and making your corporate data more vulnerable to cyberthreats. Risks often include:
- Decreased ability to monitor and control data as your organization’s network perimeter expands to include the cloud
- Lower levels of authentication and access controls for cloud infrastructure and applications compared to internal IT systems
- Inadequate or inaccessible internal facilities for auditing and reporting on user activity on your cloud services
Secure Your Data in the Cloud
Your cloud infrastructure and applications are equally as vulnerable as your on-premises solutions — if not more. No matter where you store your data, real-time monitoring and clear visibility are crucial for rapidly detecting and neutralizing security threats.
With LogRhythm, you have a centralized platform that monitors both your on-premise and cloud infrastructure and applications. To properly protect your data, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform provides:
- Greater visibility into cloud authentication and access activity
- Access control management to cloud services
- Automatic alerts based on suspicious cloud usage
- Pre-built reports highlighting access, usage, and modifications
- Advanced security analytics
Simplify Real-Time Cloud Security Monitoring
Gain comprehensive visibility into your cloud-based services from a single pane of glass. With LogRhythm, you’ll continuously collect, normalize, and analyze rich software as a service (SaaS) forensic data from your cloud deployments and your broader, distributed IT environment. Depending on your architecture and needs, LogRhythm offers several ways to set up cloud security monitoring.
VIRTUAL DATA COLLECTORS IN THE CLOUD
Offers remote, high-performance collection of all machine data including log messages, application data, security events, and network flows
CLOUD-BASED API SUPPORT
Offers remote collection of audit logs from cloud services provided via application programming interface (API)
LogRhythm offers industry-leading support for over 800 different data sources, including infrastructure/platform as a service (IaaS/PaaS), SaaS, and cloud security solutions. We continually add to the number of supported cloud-based products to ensure our customers’ data is easily monitored and secured. Visit the LogRhythm Community for the latest list of supported data sources.
MITRE ATT&CK Cloud Techniques to Detect O365 Threats
Download this white paper to gain insight into the common ways attackers seek to take advantage of Office 365 and learn how to detect threats using MITRE ATT&CK.
LogRhythm For Azure Monitoring
Easily collect Microsoft Azure IaaS logs via the Azure Log Integration (AzLog). Azure provides a wide variety of events including control/management logs, automatically auditing when any Azure resource is created, updated, or deleted.
By using the same integration to collect Azure IaaS logs, you can also gain insight into your Azure PaaS environment. This integration provides a wide array of data enabling deeper visibility into your cloud environment. Event logs from Azure VMs are treated like on-premise Microsoft Event Log sources, parsing out fields such as the Event ID and Host. This parsing enables correlation and analysis between the on-premise and cloud infrastructures in hybrid environments.
Protect Your AWS Environment
With LogRhythm, it’s easy to achieve cloud security in your Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
In a seamless integration, your AWS data is ingested by LogRhythm and combined with your other data. By using machine analytics, LogRhythm then correlates and analyzes the entire data set to detect anomalies, corroborate potential threats, and baseline normal behavior patterns.
This analysis allows you to monitor your AWS services and receive alerts about suspicious activity, keeping your data and resources secure.
- AWS Config: Configuration change, resource allocation
- AWS CloudTrail: Audit-level logging for AWS activity
- Amazon CloudWatch: Monitor AWS resources and applications (metrics and alarms)
- AWS S3 Server Access: File access, file removal, changes
More Reasons to Use LogRhythm for Cloud Security Monitoring
- Gain a global view into user behavior — both on-premises and in the cloud — with centralized security analytics
- Incorporate cloud services/apps into prebuilt security analytics modules, including extensive user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA)
- Lower your total cost of ownership (TCO) for cloud security through LogRhythm’s ease of configuration, operation, and management
- Quickly and easily meet your organization’s compliance requirements
Additional Cloud Security Use Cases
VIRTUAL MACHINE LOG COLLECTION
Virtual Machine templates automatically deploy new SMAs agents dynamically. In addition to Event Log/Syslog collection, this has the added benefit of endpoint monitoring, critical in compliance scenarios (such as PCI)
SMAs can be managed centrally and in bulk from the LogRhythm Console, enabling you to apply templates and upgrade your entire environment
Ready to Learn More?
Schedule a personalized demo today to see how LogRhythm’s cloud security monitoring capabilities can work for your organization.