The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) established a set of voluntary information security standards and guidelines aimed at operators of critical infrastructure as defined within Executive Order 13636 from the President of the United States.
NIST-CSF guides critical infrastructure organizations in documenting and implementing controls for information technology systems that support their operations and assets, including access control, audit and accountability, incident response, and system and information integrity. These published guidelines are organized into five core functions:
- Identify: Develop the organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risk to systems, assets, data, and capabilities.
- Protect: Develop and implement the appropriate safeguards to ensure delivery of critical infrastructure services.
- Detect: Develop and implement the appropriate activities to identify the occurrence of a cybersecurity event.
- Respond: Develop and implement the appropriate playbooks to take action regarding a detected cybersecurity event.
- Recover: Develop and implement the appropriate activities to maintain plans for resilience and to restore any capabilities or services that were impaired due to a cybersecurity event.
Although the NIST framework is widely considered a best practice for security, it can require significant investment. Fortunately, LogRhythm can help.
Simplify NIST CSF Compliance with the LogRhythm Compliance Module
LogRhythm’s NIST CSF Compliance Module provides a comprehensive security framework that supports NIST-CSF control requirements and improves your organization’s security posture. Fully integrated with the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform, the module is available free of charge and provides several important capabilities:
- Highly consistent and predictable data processing for accurate analytics
- Pre-built AI Engine rules and alerts mapped to controls
- Highly customizable and flexible visualizations via dashboards
- Fast and granular customization capabilities to fit your organization’s unique IT environment and policies
- Robust case management features and automation playbooks to enhance security workflow
- Predefined reports to easily document evidence of compliance
Learn how the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform and NIST CSF Compliance Module can help your organization meet or exceed NIST-CSF guidelines by downloading our white paper.