As Vice President of Human Resources at LogRhythm, my first 100 days has included some incredible initiatives, and I am humbled by the collaboration, creativity, and tenacity of every team member. I wanted to provide several updates on the work that has been done while our organization remains remote.
When the global pandemic initially hit, it changed the state of how LogRhythm operates and connects with employees. The forward-thinking leaders created a task force called Work Evolution to help quickly transition employees to a remote work-life. They needed the right equipment and resources, and Work Evolution served to smooth that process.
The Work Evolution team has evolved to become so much more. The safety, health, and morale of our employees remain of the upmost importance to LogRhythm executives. For this reason, the Work Evolution team has taken steps to provide additional wellness resources, emotional support, and community activities for employees during such challenging circumstances.
From developing wellness programs and seminars with subject matter experts to creating programs that activate engagement, LogRhythm has been able to provide meaningful ways to safely support our employees during this time. It’s been rewarding to see the involvement and impact these efforts have had within the community, and I am excited to share some of our recent initiatives in the fourth quarter of 2020 so far!
Employee Engagement Initiatives
Employee Engagement Survey
It’s important that all employees at LogRhythm feel that their voices are heard. That is the reason LogRhythm is partnering with DecisionWise to conduct an employee engagement survey. Employee engagement is an emotional state where employees feel passionate, energetic, and committed to their work. Participating in this survey provides employees an opportunity to offer honest and candid feedback to help LogRhythm keep our strengths and improve areas of opportunity.
Community Building Contests
Here at LogRhythm, we all have a little competitive edge. Work Evolution coordinates contests and incentives to help keep employees more engaged and active within the community. These efforts allow team members to feel involved with the company outside of just work and to also feel more personally connected with each other while being remote.
We’ve hosted fun activates this quarter such as the Halloween Costume Competition. Adults and their children received gift cards and LogRhythm swag for the funniest, scariest, and most original costumes!
Diversity Education and Inclusion (DE&I) at LogRhythm
Our team is working vigilantly to have an inclusive and diverse workforce, making sure that all individuals within the company feel their perspectives, needs, and voices are heard and met. We will continue to create programs, host workshops, and keep an open line of communication surrounding diversity and inclusion because no matter what gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation or identities are present, all individuals are valued and matter at LogRhythm. Here’s what is in store this month with our DE&I initiatives:
DE&I Mentoring Program
This month we hosted a Mentor Kick-Off session and will continue skill-building with mentors to ensure our mentoring program connects people and potential. This team of mentors will use their skills to build rapport and improve professional development by creating customized plans for mentees. Stay tuned for more updates!
Wellness and Health Programs
The Work Evolution team offers resources and guidance that benefit our employee’s health and wellness. We cover topics ranging from caregiver support, healthy minds, managing anxiety, building resilience, and much more. Here’s an inside look on a couple of initiatives this quarter:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP provides confidential help 24 hours a day, seven days a week for employees and their family members. These services can help address many challenging within areas such as:
Family and Relationship Support
Managing work, family, and everyday life challenges — all within the same house during the COVID-19 pandemic — can be overwhelming and lead to stress or anxiety. Work Evolution has provided resources and seminars to help families during this time, such as:
- Mindfulness Based Art Therapy Webcast: Partnering with Cigna, this session revealed tips for mindfulness with clinical and practical applications for children and families. We also worked with Cigna to host a webcast called, “Life at Home: Managing the Stressors.”
- Building Resilient Families During Uncertain Times Seminar: In this interactive seminar, Dr. Kristen Race, led participants through a series of exercises to help identify stressors, discover mindfulness, and cultivate an approach to discuss topics peacefully.
- Changing Lives by Integrating Mind and Body® (CLIMB) Podcast: The CLIMB program helps incorporate mindfulness and stress management in everyday life. The podcasts teach simple methods to calm the mind and body and strengthen awareness.
Focusing on a Healthy Mind
We partnered with Dr. Kristen Race, the president and founder of Mindful Life, to lead LogRhythm through participative webinars to challenge our way of thinking and increase well-being, boost productively, and build resilience to stress. Here’s an inside look at a couple of workshops so far:
- A Personalized Plan to Optimize Your Brain State Workshop: In this 75-minute interactive workshop, Dr. Kristen Race led LogRhythm participants through an empowering process to gain control of the brain states and recognize what it is in our lives that leads us to operating more often in the pre-frontal cortex of our brain. The result is that participants are likely to spend more time in the rational, creative, thoughtful, and productive brain state.
- The Power of Positivity Webinar: In this 60-minute interactive webinar, Dr. Kristen Race took a brain-based approach to demonstrate how necessary and beneficial, from a neurological perspective, discovering the power of positivity can be. Through simple mindfulness activities we can literally hardwire our brain to experience more happiness and positivity, and recognize how positivity can impact family, coworkers, and community.
Drive-through Flu Shot Clinic
To encourage our employees to be proactive about getting the flu shot — especially when the healthcare system is dealing with overwhelming numbers of COVID-19 patients this winter — LogRhythm hosted a drive-through clinic in Boulder where employees were able to get a free flu vaccine from a pharmacy team member.
Showing Our Gratitude
We learned during one of Dr. Race’s sessions, that engaging in giving and kindness can supply your brain with a dopamine boost for up to eight days and also boosts the dopamine of the person who receives the gesture — which is why this month we are practicing gratitude as an organization. I encouraged all employees to show gratitude to at least one colleague every day by recognizing each other using our employee experience platform, Kazoo.
I would also like to express my own personal gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful team. Our company has over 600 employees across the globe, yet we remain resilient, focused, connected, and dedicated to our work. Stay tuned for more updates on LogRhythm’s latest initiatives!