LogRhythm Sysmon | Endpoint Data Collection
Achieve deeper visibility of all the activity across your organization with monitoring that looks beyond log sources. LogRhythm SysMon allows your team to gain access to rich endpoint data, empowering them to detect and respond to threats faster.
With LogRhythm SysMon–a software agent for your endpoints and servers–your team can easily fulfill security and compliance use cases by supplementing traditional log collection with rich host activity data from both data collection and endpoint monitoring.
Enabling Data Collection and Endpoint Monitoring
Deployed as an agent technology, LogRhythm SysMon is part of the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform that delivers greater visibility into the activity occurring on endpoint devices, such as desktops and servers. By supporting both data collection and endpoint monitoring, LogRhythm SysMon lowers your total cost of ownership and provides faster time to value.
As an agent-based data collector, LogRhythm SysMon complements our agentless data collector options to aggregate log data, security events, and other machine data. It consolidates and collects data from local and remote environments and cloud infrastructures. A single SysMon agent can collect thousands of messages per second from dozens of devices.
Endpoint Monitoring and Forensics
LogRhythm SysMon performs independent logging of host activity, enabling multi-dimensional analysis of a broader environment so that your team can rapidly detect and respond to security threats, such as zero-day attacks. With LogRhythm SysMon, your team can also automate and enforce compliance mandates and monitor for IT and OT issues such as system and application failures.
Endpoint Monitoring Use Cases
LogRhythm SysMon supports many use cases for endpoint monitoring, including:
- File integrity monitoring prevents corruption of critical files by identifying when and by whom files and associated permissions are created, viewed, modified, and deleted.
- Independent process monitoring reports process and service activity to enable the detection of critical behavior, such as processes stopping or new or blacklisted processes starting.
- Windows Registry monitoring detects registry additions, modifications, deletions, permission changes, and more to provide the details necessary to detect advanced threats and compromised endpoints.
- Network connection monitoring provides a detailed, independent log of all network connections opened and closed on a host to detect critical threats such as connections with unauthorized servers.
- User activity monitoring logs any user that authenticates to an endpoint, creating a forensic record to supplement and validate local auditing systems.
- Data Loss Defender monitors data transfers to and from removable media, such as USB drives, and it can optimally block transfers on specific machines and devices.
Flexible, Powerful Administration for Easy Management
As an agent, LogRhythm SysMon is available for deployment throughout your organization to collect data from hundreds of devices. SysMon Lite agents are ideal for desktop environments. SysMon Pro agents include advanced data collection for server environments. Both flexible options provide streamlined administration and management through policy-based configuration.
LogRhythm SysMon benefits:
- Manage SysMon agents centrally for streamlined administration
- Streamline implementation and management with policy-based configuration
- Upgrade in seconds
- Deploy and manage tens or hundreds of thousands of agents cost-effectively to fit the scalability needs of your environment
- Choose from flexible options for monitoring workstation or server endpoints
- Operate on endpoints, servers, and virtual machines running Windows, Linux, and various instances of UNIX
See LogRhythm SysMon in Action
To learn more about how LogRhythm SysMon can help you achieve greater visibility, schedule a custom demo today.